Using the SLAB, PINCH, COIL & MOLD methods of construction, the students will create a figurative or animalistic bust or torso using clay and finishing with engobes and/or glazes.
- INTRODUCTION OF ASSIGNMENT
- IDEA GENERATION (finding visuals of what you are interested in creating)
- DEMONSTRATION OF METHODS OF CONSTRUCTION.
- CREATE DRAWINGS IN JOURNAL AND PLAN YOUR METHOD OF CONSTRUCTION.
- MUST STAND INDEPENDENTLY
- MUST BE AT LEAST 10 INCHES TALL
- USE MULTIPLE CONSTRUCTION METHODS
- USE ADDITIVE AND SUBRATRACTIVE METHODS TO DESIGN AND CONSTRUCT.