FINAL EXAM PROBLEM: Ceramics 1
- Create a ceramic vessel that is between 10-20inches tall.
- Vessels may be a teapot, pitcher, jar, container, planter.
- Use two or more construction methods ( such as slab, coil, pinch, hump/slump molding, wheel throwing)
- Use additive and subtractive elements plus (slip and score methods ) to create details and elements such as line, shape, space, and form.
- Add either a lid, handles, foot, feet, spout ( at least one or more)
- Use slip trailing or sgraffito with engobes and underglazes to add color and texture.
- Research ceramic vessels in history ( from other cultures....such as greek, pre-columbian, Japan, Mayan) and use your research as inspiration for your piece. Show evidence of your research in idea pages both on google slides and in your journals. ( see tabs below for a variety of research ideas).