YOUR FINAL WATERCOLOR SHOULD DEMONSTRATE THE FOLLOWING QUALITIES and is the summation of our first 3 week of instruction in the watercolor unit.
- Watercolor wash techniques.
- Watercolor pencil blending and shading
- Water soluble oil pastels or other mixed media elements.
- Create an ORIGINAL design that uses the paper well.
- Use Nature inspired design Inspirations
- Use the rule of thirds and golden ratio
- Create a design using Unity and Variety of the seven elements of art
- Color theory and understanding what blends well and what does not.
- Create idea or inspiration pages in your journals with visual references.
- Look at a variety of artists and how they work in watercolor
- Wash color washes in journal
- Color theory notes and practices
- Watercolor intuitives
- Your design theme should be reflective of you and what you like.
- Problem solving skills are unique to you.